Wednesday, September 23, 2015

HEY, IT'S AUTUMN!

Can I just start off by saying how HORRIFIED I am that it's already late September?! How! I feel like I blinked and half the month disappeared. I wish I could have a do-over for this month, but oh well, always forward.

It's autumn, though! Bittersweet. It's already been established on this blog that I love fall, so it's no surprise that even though I'm panicky about the date and may need to lay down for awhile, I am happy it's finally here. I noticed Monday that the trees are starting to turn color where I am, lovely. :) I'll be posting about that soon.

Early autumn in my part of Virginia.
Being the 23rd day of September, that also means that there are 37 days till Halloween, 92 days till Christmas, and 99 days left in 2015. Yikes. Before you know it we'll be singing Jingle Bells.

Some things to note for this upcoming season:

Neon Indian - Vega Intl. Night School (Release date: 16 October, 2015)
I'm new to Neon Indian, so I can't say I'm giddy about this just yet, but I will give it a listen when it comes out. I do like the first single off the record, Annie. (Click here to check it out.)

ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween (Beginning Monday, October 19th)
I already wrote a post about this, which you can read here.

Dave Gahan & Soulsavers - Angels & Ghosts (Release date: 23 October, 2015)
This is the fifth album by Soulsavers, and the second collaboration with Dave Gahan — who of course is the vocalist of Depeche Mode, as well as an awesome solo artist. I really like the first single, 'All of This and Nothing,' which you can listen to here. If you're a Psychedelic Furs fan like I am, you may have also grinned at that title, since it happens to be the name of one of their best songs. (In my humble opinion.)

New single from Vaniru - Dead or Dance (Release date: 4 November, 2015)
You probably don't know who Vaniru is, and that's OK — but if you like Japanese music, then you should really check them out. According to their website, there's also supposed to be a cover of New Order's 'Blue Monday' included with the single, which should be interesting. I can't even imagine that song with their treatment, but I really want to hear it. (Click here for more info.)

The Peanuts Movie (Release date: 6 November, 2015)
Again, I love Peanuts! So I'll be seeing this. Not totally thrilled that it's a 3D animated film, since I prefer the original animation used in the specials... but I'll not grumble too much and give it a chance. *fingers crossed on this one* IMDB

Is there more stuff than this to note? Probably! But those are the top things that come to mind right now. I'll add more later if anything else pops up.

On a random note, I saw this article yesterday about a realistic moon light, Luna: A Lantern That Looks Like a Moon. How cool is that? I would most definitely want this in my home — particularly in a child's playroom, I think it'd work really well there. (Although really anywhere, and no, I don't have any children yet, just what if-ing.) You can find Luna on it's official website here: luna-the-moon.com

I suppose that's all I'll ramble on about for now. Happy Autumn to you! :)
Let's make it great.